Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My sincerest apologies for my lack of communication. If you've kept up with my adventures personally, much of this may be a review but nonetheless I want to recap.

April '06 - I began honestly, and earnestly seeking for truth, and then reconciliation with God.
After finding God for myself, my focus began switching off of myself and to what more can I be doing with my life than what I had been. Once having a revelation of the grace of God, I felt the need to extent that out of myself as well.

Februay '07 - I left Pennsylvania for Kona, Hawaii to do some volunteer work for YWAM. (restoring an old house, that will be used for missions training and missionary leader meetings)
While working there I caught wind of an opportunity to use photography in missions to expose injustice around the world, and to receive further discipleship in my walk with God

April '07 - My Discipleship training began. This was a six month commitment with three months of lectures learning more about God and deepening my relationship with Him, and really dealing with things that needed healing and changing in my life. And then, a three month outreach which took me to the northernmost region of India.

September '07 - After completing my discipleship training, I set out on a 9 month track around the world using photography to meet people and then writing their stories. This track to me to 13 different nations with 20 other photographers. Each one displayed to me different aspects of God through the people and landscapes. Each nation also has its share of challenges both for me, and the people living there.

July '08 - After completing the 9 months of travel and arriving back in Kona, it was time to process what really touched our hearts and what made sense for us as a group to bring together from our experiences during the travels. We all discovered that what touched our hearts the most was seeing and meeting people who had been affected by the abuses of sex and money.
From July until October we worked tirelessly on recounting our experiences, photographs, and formatting them and designing a book and two dvd clips to display them in.

We decided that since the focus of the book was around the abuses of sex and money that we would focus on a single issue that is truly the international expression of these two in one, human trafficking.

January '09 - I set out for Australia with the book and dvd to raise awareness about the issue of human trafficking, and to encourage the church to pray/give/go to bring an end to this horrible injustice.

And that pretty much brings us to present day. This is an incredibly brief overview of what has been going on in my life for the last few years, but gives a bit of a framework to were I've come from and where I'm going right now.

No comments: