Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back to Business

So I've been back in Kona, Hawaii a little over a week now. I would like to simply fill in the details of what my life here entails and what I will be accomplishing during this time.

Even though I was only apart from them for around 10 days, it was a sweet reunion with all my friends from the track. Sometime during the last 10 months of traveling and living together we have become more like a family and community than a class. I think the relationships we have formed during this time will last and continue to shape our lives after the course has completed, just like the relationships with have made with the people of each of the nations we have been immersed in this past year.

In the last week our class has been planning and conceptualizing what our publication will look like, and also how we can make it in the most concise and effective way. We have really hit the ground running here and the goal is to have a finished product ready for print in the next 6 weeks.

There are a number of different issues which have touched each of our hearts during our travels
and will shape our hearts for years to come. We are trying to impart that same change which occurred in our lives to others through this publication, and the speaking tours which we will embark on in January.

As I begin to look back again over all of the pictures from my journey, and think of the people I have met, I really realize how much I have learned this year and how much I have been changed.

No comments: